Health through eating
Undernutrition is a serious clinical complication.
We develop proprietary, new pharmacological interventions for the treatment of diseases and medical problems related to human food intake and retention.
Medical treatments are highly dependent on food intake. Food intake increases the physical condition of patients, their tolerability of treatments and shortens recovery time.
- The invention: Local administration of anaesthetics in the upper gastrointestinal tract increases food intake.
- Broad claims for all local anaesthetics to increase food intake after both single and repeated administration.
- Patent WO 2013/171252 AI
- Patent approval EU (July 2018: AT, B, CH, DE, DK, ES, FI, FR, GB, GR, HU, IE, IT, LU, NL, NO, PL, PT, SE, TR),
- US (pending).
- Development of new oral formulations (pending).
- Clinical proof of concept in healthy volunteers for increasing appetite.
- De-risked mechanism, substance used in millions of patients WW since its launch in 1948.
- Tox study and multiple dose study in progress.
- Exclusivity through novel mode of delivery and solid patent estate.
- Well understood mode of action.
- Lean and fast development plan targeting product approval by 2022.
Orexa develops proprietary, new pharmacological interventions for the treatment of diseases and medical problems related to human food intake and retention.
We develop solutions for the clinical indications of Post operative ileus (acute) and Cachexia (chronic).
Following our Rx development the inventions have the potential to become the next generation OTC medicine targeting Postprandial fullness, early satiety and heartburn.
Meet our team
PhD in Psychology
Professor in Behavioural Pharmacology
Organon, Schering Plough, MSD.
Jeroen van Egmond
Skyepharma, Darling Ingredients Int., Infirst healthcare, Banner pharmacaps, SSL healthcare.
We are open for partnerning to finalise the phase IIA development of our Rx development program, including 3-4 studies, development of a proprietary dosage form and extension of the patent circle.
Our roots are in former N.V. Organon, our presence is in Pivot Park, the Life Science park of Oss, the Netherlands.
We’d love to hear from you. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can!
5349 AE Oss
Netherlands Chamber of Commerce: 67248632